Saturday 17 May 2014

Having fun with Pecha Kucha

On Friday and Saturday night I made my first public appearance to talk about my books. I was nervous, but in the end I had an incredible time and met some wonderful people. My talk was made all the more easier because it was part of Pecha Kucha night.
What is Pecha Kucha you ask? The words are Japanese for 'chit chat' and it has a very specific format. Twenty slides of a Powerpoint presentation with only twenty seconds per slide. Total talk time, 6 mins and 40 secs to get your point across. What an awesome way to give a speech, which comes with the challenge of timing your talk for each slide.
I was one of ten speakers and we all encouraged and supported each other to deliver two very entertaining nights about the arts for the Southland Festival of the Arts. There were filmmakers, actors, poets, artists, an international designer of Pacific Couture and some very entertaining talks about books.
I know that I had enormous fun and would certainly consider doing it again. Having that structure and strict format was brilliant and would help the most nervous of speakers to deliver a presentation. If you would like to learn more there is all the information here Pecha Kucha 20 x 20
 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Catherine- a great idea and sounds as if you had fun too- hope you get to do more in the future- enjoy whatever you are doing and have a great week - best wishes and hugs from England �� Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pat. It was wonderful time Best wishes to you also, Catherine

    ReplyDelete